Sunday, June 28th, 7:00 p.m.
Songs We Hate
Songs We Hate
Joe Christiano & Theresa Kelly
St. Alban's Parish Hall
1501 Washington Ave.
Albany , CA
A new take on the traditional hootenanny, HOOT! delves into the entirety of popular song - our modern folk inheritance - in programs that highlight our perennial concerns: love, cars, money, summer, and pitching wang dang doodles. We'll celebrate the singular songbooks of select artists, and create living mix-tapes out of myriad sub-genres. Ready for new experiment in collective performance? Then sign up below and get in on the act! It'll be a HOOT!
- Cover songs only! (And covering your Aunt Tillie doesn't count).*
- One song (or 5 mins, including intro) per performer. (You may provide unlimited support to other performers).
- Quick set-up. Small amps are okay, but HOOT! is essentially unplugged.
- A piano will be available. Apart from that, bring your own banjo.
- No "sing and scram." Every performer deserves an audience, and HOOT! is designed to be a group effort.
- You may perform solo, duo, small group, a capella, instrumental - however you see fit.
- $10 (suggested) in the hat for all attendees - performing and non.
* Original songs are occasionally permitted, but must be credited in performance to Paul Anka.
Come for the show, or sign up to sing!
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME (OR STAGE NAME). IN THE COMMENT FIELD, INCLUDE THE SONG(S) YOU'D LIKE TO PERFORM, AND ANY SHORT-AND-SWEET BIOGRAPHICAL INFO THAT WOULD HELP US INTRODUCE YOU. WE WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE EVERYONE, BUT SLOTS ARE LIMITED. ONCE A FULL PROGRAM IS ESTABLISHED, A PLAYING ORDER WILL BE EMAILED TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. THANKS FOR VISITING, AND LET'S HOOT!
Art by Jen Oaks