Sunday, June 23, 7:00 p.m
I'm Against It!:
Hosted by Joe Christiano & Theresa Kelly
St. Alban's Episcopal Church
1501 Washington Ave.
Albany, CA 94707
First Person Singular complements its regular series with a monthly, musical open mic based on a theme. A new take on the traditional hootenanny, HOOT! delves into the entirety of popular song - our modern folk inheritance - in programs that highlight our perennial concerns: love, cars, money, summer, and pitching wang dang doodles. We'll celebrate the singular songbooks of select artists, and create living mix-tapes out of myriad sub-genres. Ready for new experiment in collective performance? Then sign up below and get in on the act!
It'll be a HOOT!
- Cover songs only! (And covering your Aunt Tillie doesn't count).*
- One song per performer (regulars are showcased in featured sets).
- Quick set-up. Small amps are okay, but HOOT! is essentially unplugged.
- A piano will be available. Apart from that, bring your own ukelele.
- No "sing and scram." Every performer deserves an audience, and HOOT! is designed to be a group effort.
- You may perform solo, duo, small group, a capella, instrumental - however you see fit.
- $5 (or what you can afford) in the hat for all attendees - performing and non.
* Original songs are occasionally permitted, but must be credited in performance to Paul Anka.
Come sing, or just come for the show!
HOOT!s gone by
Art by Jen Oaks